Friday, September 10, 2010

Event Of The Day: Update

So today I got the call from the napkin guy. He sounded quite weird on the phone, I said I gave my phone number because I wanted to thank properly for his compliment. Turns out, he was a Brazilian who was in the town to watch the FIBA basketball games. Coming from the other side of the ocean for the games! Anyway, he suggested we should meet and have a dinner in the same place I was at yesterday. Said, thank you for the invite but I'll pass and that it wasn't really my thing to meet with strangers whom I basically don't know at all. He was like "Yeah thought we could just chat, have a dinner and if you don't want to you can just leave after an hour so." Sounded too much like someone who was looking for a one night stand. I just said thanks and enjoy the city and hung up. Duh.

I did that once but the situation was entirely different. No one can be like my surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment