Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gilmore Girls.



How can one be over sensitive and cry her eyes out after watching the final episode of a show she's seen way too many times?

Put me on the couch and Gilmore Girls on DVD and there you have it. I can't believe I was literally sobbing, watching the final episode of Season 7, "Bon Voyage". I believe I showed my emotions way more than the Rory Gilmore herself!

From start to finish, Gilmore Girls has been a phenomenon in my life, the first time I have watched the whole series back in 2003 - 2007, it captured my devoted attention and love. From its quirky town characters to every single word exchanged between Lorelai and Rory, the depth of the story, the tiniest detail of their life story of 7 years, the series has inspired and shaped my life in more ways than I can count. Lorelai and Rory Gilmore basically become my extended family and even to this day, I'm having a hard time thinking that it was just a TV show and not real life.



And Stars Hollow. A utopia for me. If someone said that such a town exist somewhere in the world and if I would like to move there, all I'd say would be when the next plane is.

For the past year, I watched and admired and envied and got inspired by the lovely Gilmore Girls again and again. I wish I could have the chance to be a part of that lovely group of people, of course, starting with the ever so beautiful Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. Seriously, if I was a guy, I'd have stalked her to marry me.

Anyways, I know deep down that I'll always think that Lorelai and Rory are still out there in Stars Hollow, Lorelai running the Inn (with the new Spa feature Emily has been talking about) and married to Luke and Rory becoming a successful reporter in the New York Times (because the campaign of Obama was a success and her reports were just so good that the Times offered her a position. Duh.)

If only Rory and Logan would be together. Sigh.



I can say loud and proud, that Gilmore Girls is and will always be, my favorite TV show. Ever.

2 comments:

  1. Son kısım dışında tamamen katılıyorum. Zira benim senaryoya Jess de dahil :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like you've written what's stuck in my head about this TV show! (Am I clear with my awful English? =)

    ReplyDelete